Signing in or entering your Hotmail email – now called Outlook – and checking the inbox is very easy. Accessing the email address @ outlook.com, @ hotmail.com and other addresses provided by Outlook will require that you enter your access data on the official page of Outlook or Hotmail whose link we will provide below.
Regardless of the reason to check your email, logging into www.outlook.com or www.hotmail.com (remember that Hotmail has changed its name to Outlook, however, the old addresses are still used on the new site) is a procedure. Simple that you can do it both from the web browser, using the mobile or the computer. You can also log in to Hotmail / Outlook using the application available for Android and iOS. Then, in InfoCuentas we will help you step by step to access your inbox .
Login to Outlook / Hotmail from the web or computer
The web platform from the browser is the most used to access Outlook or Hotmail mail, you can do it from the computer browser as well as from the mobile. These are the steps to follow:
- Enter https://www.outlook.comand press the ” Start session ” button. If you have previously logged in to the same device, you will be directly shown the login page. You can also directly access the login page from https://login.live.com.
- Enter your email address and press the ” Next ” button
- Write the password to access your account and then press the “Login” button.
- If you have entered all the information correctly, you will be taken directly to the inbox of your email.
Have you had any problem or error when logging in ? Continue reading the article, or head to our article that will guide you step by step to recover an Outlook account .
How to enter the inbox of Outlook.com / Hotmail.com
To directly enter the inbox of your Outlook or Hotmail email, just log on to the service; After that, you will be taken directly to the list of received emails, a sector also known as “inbox” or inbox .
- Enter https://outlook.live.com/owa/?nlp=1 to log in to your Outlook or Hotmail account.
- Enter your email address and click the ” Next ” button .
- Enter your password and press the ” Login ” button .
- You will then be directed directly to the inbox of your Outlook email.
If you are logged in to your account and have not been directed to that sector, you can access it directly from https://outlook.live.com/mail/inbox or by pressing “Inbox” in the sector on the left .
Sign in to Outlook / Hotmail from the mobile app
Outlook (or Hotmail, whatever you want to call it) has a mobile application that you can install on your device, be it Android or iOS. Here are the steps to log in from the official Outlook application.
- Download the application from the corresponding store.
- Android :
- iOS :
Price: Free +
- Android :
- Once installed, access it and press the ” Introduction ” button .
- In the ” Add account ” section, enter the Outlook email address you have registered, then click “Continue”. This application also supports email from other providers such as Yahoo or Gmail.
- Write the password corresponding to your email account, then press “Login”.
- If you don’t want to add another account, press “Skip”.
- Ready! You will already see your Outlook inbox from the application.
After adding your Outlook or Hotmail account to the official application, it is recommended that you activate the notifications to be aware of all the emails that arrive in your inbox. It is also possible to access your email directly from the mobile browser, entering the address outlook.com in your preferred browser.
Problems logging in, what to do?
There may be problems when logging in, but don’t worry, this is very normal. Generally, if you do not remember your password or email address, there is a way to regain access to it as long as you have assigned recovery information when creating your account. We will quote you the most common problems:
- Forgotten password : When trying to access your inbox, you may see the wrong password error, which prevents you from accessing your account. Reset your password by accessing the link https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx, you will need active recovery information in your account.
- You cannot obtain the security code : if you have no way to verify your identity, go to https://account.live.com/resetpassword.aspx, enter your email address and then click on the link “I don’t have any of these tests”. Then follow the steps to recover your account.
- Account locked with 30-day period : If Microsoft has detected that your account has been compromised, it will probably ask you to change the account’s security and recovery information, after which a 30-day security period must pass before you can log in. again. This is an extreme case but it can happen.
- Active two-step verification: If you have activated two-step verification, you must use the password of the corresponding application to log in.
- Profile blocked : Outlook blocks accounts that have violated its rules of use or have been compromised. To regain access, you must follow the verification steps by SMS.
- When traveling or logging in to another device : Outlook may detect suspicious login activity if you try to log in from a different device or from a different location; In order to log in under these conditions, you must verify your identity with the SMS or recovery email method.
Tips for safely logging in
Many account thefts are generally caused by carelessness when logging into the Outlook service or any other service that requires entering a password using the keyboard. That is why we will give you some tips so that the login to your account is as safe as possible, avoiding the loss of your account and that it ends up in the hands of malicious people.
- Check that the address of the page where you enter your data is the official one : Microsoft’s email service can only be accessed through these official addresses: live.com, outlook.com, hotmail.com, microsoft.com , msn.com and also with the login , account or mail subdomain . x .com (“x” being one of the addresses mentioned above). Make sure the address in the browser is one of them, if you see something weird like 1- outlook.com, stop! It may be a possible phishing attempt.
- Keep your antivirus active and updated . Antiviruses and antimalware are extremely important to detect malicious programs that collect sensitive information such as passwords, keep them updated!
- If it is not your computer, log out when finished. Don’t make the mistake of leaving your session active on devices that don’t belong to you, other people could check your email!
- Update your password regularly; If you want help with that, check out our article on how to change your Hotmail password .
Enjoy the service provided by Microsoft free of charge without any inconvenience by following the advice we have just given you.
What is Outlook and what are its differences with Hotmail
Outlook is one of the most widely used email services on the internet, as we already mentioned at the beginning of the article. The creation of an account in this service provides access to various services offered by Microsoft, such as Skype, OneDrive, Office 360, among others.
If your email is @ hotmail.com , surely it will seem strange to you to have to log in to Outlook mail, however, you should know that Microsoft has changed the name of the service from Hotmail to Outlook in 2012, although the transition It was only effective in 2013. This email service from Microsoft has gone by several names in the past: Hotmail, MSN Hotmail, Windows Live Hotmail and Outlook.com, that is why Hotmail can appear in different domains:
- Mail.live.com : Live.com belongs to Microsoft and there are several Outlook emails registered under the address @ live.com or @ live.es.
- MSN.com : By accessing Microsoft’s MSN.com site, you will have a direct link to email services. MSN stands for “Microsoft Network”.
- Hotmail.com : The classic address, existing since the launch of the service in 1996.
- Outlook.com : The new address, which is maintained to this day.
- Microsoft.com : It is the main domain of Microsoft. Sometimes, a Microsoft page may ask for your Hotmail or Outlook data.
Microsoft has also acquired regional domains for its email service, such as hotmail.com.mx, hotmail.es, outlook.com.mx, among other domains available to some users who want to create an account from certain countries.
It is important that you know this information to avoid confusion or doubts when accessing Microsoft’s email service.